I said I wasn’t going to post any more sugary recipes, but it’s the holidays. We all allow ourselves a few indulgences at this time of year. So I’m taking a guilty break until Christmas and then it’s back to the healthy routine. I will note that several of the cookie recipes I’m sharing are at least healthier than typical recipes and of course they’re all vegan. There’s a gluten-free recipe here too!
A Baker’s Dozen of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
1. Coconut-Lemon Meltaways by Addicted to Veggies
2. Christmas Light Cookies by Fork & Beans
These Christmas Light Cookies are so festive that they’ll even cheer up your neighborhood Scrooge.
3. Magical Coconut Bars by Post Punk Kitchen
If you’ve got someone on your list who will only be satisfied by something exceptionally rich, then they’ll love Isa Chandra’s Magical Coconut Bars.
4. Vegan Christmas Sugar Cookies by Smiling Green Mom
Get in the holiday spirit with these lovely cruelty free Christmas Sugar Cookies. I’d certainly be happy if someone baked me some of these for Christmas!
5. Millionaires’ Shortbread by Lucy’s Friendly Foods
Lucy of Lucy’s Friendly Foods is a Cordon Bleu trained chef, a vegetarian and a mom of kiddos with allergies. I’m continually inspired by her posts like her Millionaires’ Shortbread.
6. Molasses Ginger Cookies by Healthy. Happy. Life.
Kathy from Healthy. Happy. Life. says “you can taste the bold, dark molasses flavor mingling with the warm tones of ginger and cinnamon spice” in her Molasses Ginger Cookies. She’s got me sold!
7. Popcorn, White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies with Butterscotch Drizzle from Vegan Adventures
Popcorn in cookies is weird, but good weird! Andrea from Vegan Adventures says “These cookies are like Christmas all wrapped up into one fluffy pillow of goodness.” I agree!
8. Apple Pie and Eggnog Cookies by Made Just Right
I’ve never liked eggnog, but a vegan eggnog, apple pie and cookie mash-up sounds delicious! I’ve got to try these!
9. Chocolate Chip Cookies from Janie’s Kitchen
As much as I love traditional Christmas goodies, chocolate chip cookies are still my favorite. Here’s a great recipe! I will note that these call for honey, but this can be replaced with brown rice syrup.
10. Nutty Chocolate Biscotti by Simply Vegetarian 777
Since my husband’s Italian and I’m half Italian, there’s always biscotti at holiday gatherings. Sonal’s Nutty Chocolate Biscotti look amazing. Chocolate and nuts are great additions to almost anything!
11. Dark Chocolate and Coconut Bliss Balls by Georgia Kate’s Kitchen
According to Georgia Kate, these are “Ferrero Rocher mixed with Nutella in a snack-sized ball. Minus the dairy and sugar.” I say these wholesome bliss balls are the perfect gift for a health conscious friend.
12. Gluten Free Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by Hope for Healing
There’s got to be someone on a gluten-free diet on your list. Make him or her happy with these amazing Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies.
13. Vegan Chocolate Sugar Cookies by MICC’D UP
I love the festive look of these cookies! They’re lovely and delicious.