My late October birthday made Halloween my favorite holiday when I was a kid. I’d have a costume party the weekend before Halloween, go trick-or-treating on the 31st and then gorge on goodies for weeks. It was a chubby girl’s dream!
The holiday isn’t as exciting these days. In fact, while walking past the Halloween isle at Target yesterday my husband gave me a look. He knew that signs of the holiday sometimes make me depressed because they remind me that my birthday is near.
Interestingly, the costumes, ghosts and candy didn’t bother me this year. Have I finally come to terms with aging? Not completely, but at least enough to enjoy the Halloween festivities.
And enjoy, I will! Just look at all the spooktacular vegan goodies I found!
Top 10 Vegan Halloween Treats
1. Vegan Butterfingers by Fork and Beans
Butterfingers were my favorite Halloween loot, and I bet these Vegan Butterfingers are even better than the real thing!
2. Rice Krispy Ghosts by Chocolate Covered Katie
If you’re having a Halloween party for kiddos, you’ve got to serve something fun and ghoulish like these adorable Rice Krispy Ghosts.
3. Banana Mummies by Lexie’s Kitchen
Or if want something wholesome, serve the kiddo’s these Banana Mummies. They’ll never guess they’re healthy.
4. Vegan Peanut Butter Cups by Hell Yeah it’s Vegan!
These Peanut Butter Cups look way too good to pass out to trick-or-treaters!
5. Vegan Caramel Apples by Inspired Conscious Living
These Vegan Caramel Apples bring back memories!
6. Vegan Caramel Apple Pull-Apart Bread by Vegan Yumminess
Caramel apples may not be the best choice to serve adults for dessert, but Caramel Apple Pull-Apart Bread would be perfect.
7. Vegan Lemon Candy Corn by VegSpinz
No Halloween gathering is complete without a bowl of candy corn. Why not surprise your guests with Vegan Lemon Candy Corn.
8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Bars by Bunny Kitchen
Once the kids are out trick-or-treating, you can treat yourself to one (or two) of these decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispy Bars – yum!
9. Happy Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes by Babble
Maybe these Happy Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes won’t frighten anyone, but they’ll be gobbled up quickly.
10. Dia De Los Muertos Cookies by Vegan Eats & Treats!
If the cupcakes above are too tame for your tastes, these brilliant Dia De Los Muertos cookies are for you.
Don’t Want To Bake?