The Vegan Wannabe recently asked me if I knew of any good vegan restaurants in San Diego. My answer is YES! Here are 10 places I recommend.
- If you want the full shebang (great ambiance, amazing food, wine), then Muzita Bistro is your place! It’s my favorite San Diego restaurant and they’ve got lots of vegan options. And if you’ve never had Ethiopian Cuisine, it will be an experience to remember.
- You can always eat vegan at an Indian restaurant, and Indian Palace in Hillcrest is fabulous! The service is friendly, the food is top-notch and the atmosphere is elegant. The Baingan Bartha (an eggplant dish) and the Yellow Dal are my go-to dishes.
- If you’re in the mood for Asian Fusion, then Sipz is your place. Their Cashew Stir Fry and Pot Stickers are to die for! They’ve got locations in North Park and Clairemont/Kearny Mesa.
- Fuhrman followers will love the super healthy meals at Casa de Luz. I can’t give you an entrée recommendation, however; because their menu changes everyday. Click HERE for my review.
- If you want that tie die, Birkenstock, hippie vibe coupled with awesome raw vegan food, then Peace Pies is your destination. My one suggestion for this place is to save room for dessert – everything they do with chocolate is out of this world! Click HERE for my review.
- For fabulous yet healthy fast food, go to Native Foods. Although I’ve never been to the San Diego location, I eat at the one near my house all the time. My favorite entrée’s are the Portobello and Sausage Burger (not real sausage, of course) and the Sesame Kale Macro Bowl.
- My favorite vegan-friendly Mexican fast food is Wahoo’s Fish Taco. Get the Bonzai Veggie Bowl and you won’t be disappointed. They have locations in Encinitas, La Jolla and Mission Valley.
- You can even eat vegan at the Hard Rock Café, which has a veggie sandwich, veggie burger and some vegan friendly salads.
- PF Changs is another great choice. They have a terrific vegetarian menu and on request can make any dish vegan. My favorite dish is the Coconut Curry Vegetables.
- If you’re hankerin’ for pizza, then go to Zia Gourmet Pizza. They have three amazing vegan pizzas, including a unique one with spinach, rosemary potatoes and cranberries.
Click HERE for another post with San Diego restaurant suggestions.
The San Diego skyline photo is by Betsy Malloy at About.com California Travel.